How to Apply
- » Academics
- » How to Apply
- Discover degree programs that interest you. Make sure to visit department and program websites and consider programs that may relate to your interests.
- Get to know MSU and your program(s) of interest in person. Schedule a campus tour and get a feel for what it would be like to join the MSU community.
- Begin your application with the MSU Office of Admissions. The Office of Admissions reviews all undergraduate student applications. MSU admits students on a rolling basis, so apply early.
- Make sure MSU receives your scores. Ensure that your ATC/SAT scores, High School transcripts and any other test scores or college transcripts are received by MSU.
- Visit department and program websites for options offered by MSU. Be sure to consider programs that may relate to your interests.
- Contact the department(s) of interest. Faculty will help you make the most informed decision, so ask plenty of questions.
- Review departmental materials including the specific steps for applying. This varies based on the program and department, so review the information closely.
- Begin your application process online with the MSU Graduate School. You can always save your online application and return to the website to complete the application as you collect all the necessary materials. Due dates for applications vary from Dec. 1 to the end of the calendar year, however, earlier is better.
Instructions to apply for admission to MSU as a Guest/Lifelong Education student