Thanksgiving Break as told by Buddy the Elf
- Nov 23, 2016
- Thanksgiving is only a few days away...mashed potato mountains await and there are things to be bought on Black Friday. So exciting!
- But first, you have to separate yourself and say goodbye to your roommate/best friend/babysitter on nights out
- There is nothing like walking through the door at home and being greeted by your pets.
- Oh wait, you thought this was a break? No way, your mom has got tons of plans for you two to complete together!
- Thanksgiving afternoon- your distant family begins to show up to your house. There are so many awkward hugs involved and how many times will you have to answer the dreaded question, "how is school going?"
- While some of your family still trickles in, you find yourself in the corner with your brother/sister feasting on turkey and green bean casserole. Who doesn't love a good home made meal?!
- Ah, this is Thanksgiving, there is no need to be ashamed of the amount of food you'll devour.
- It wouldn't be right if you didn't keep going back for seconds, thirds, or even a fourth round of food.
- So the family party gets a little crazy sometimes; it's time to make everyone proud and show them the dance moves you learned while at MSU
- Black Friday shopping- It is so much fun to stand in super long lines at 5:30am with the rest of the general public. Not to mention, you get slap happy during all of the commotion because you spent all night looking though sale ads and Instagram.
- But wait, you realize that you took a physiology test on Monday. Looking through your email and seeing the score is like...
- Time to go back to school. Already??? Your family is going to miss you so much for these next few weeks until you're home again for winter break!
- Oh Michigan State, nothing welcomes you back more than almost getting ran over by the CATA on Monday morning.