There are 25 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Grant".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 25
- 1. NSF grant supports project to improve undergraduate physiology curriculum
MSU researcher Kevin Haudek is the lead investigator of a three-year, $485,000 National Science Foundation grant that develops learning progressions and evaluates principle-based reasoning in undergraduate physiology students.
- 2. $1.2 million NSF grant helps integrate computational science into high school physics
Four MSU scientists, led by physics education researcher Danny Caballero, are using a three-year, $1.2 million National Science Foundation grant to integrate computation in science classes across Michigan—specifically, in physics.
- 3. CSI Malawi: Using forensic science to "interrogate" mosquitoes
Move over CSI Miami. There’s a new show in town—CSI Malawi. MSU, in collaboration with the University of Malawi College of Medicine, is the recipient of an $8 million NIH grant to develop a tool to "interrogate" mosquitoes.
- 4. $2 million NSF grant awarded to predict future viability of phytoplankton
MSU aquatic ecologist Elena Litchman is the lead investigator of a four-year, $2 million National Science Foundation Dimensions of Biodiversity grant to study how genetic and functional diversity in phytoplankton helps them adapt to rising ocean temperatures.
- 5. MSU NatSci's Zhiyong Xi lands $1 million USAID grant to fight Zika
MSU College of Natural Science researcher Zhiyong Xi was awarded a highly competitive grant from USAID to fight the Zika virus in Mexico. The $1 million grant will be used to build a mosquito factory in Yucatan, Mexico.
- 6. NatSci nets S3 collaborative program funds for 2016-17
The MSU College of Natural Science has team members participating on three of the 12 new research projects recently funded by the Science and Society at State, or S3, Collaborative Grant Program for 2016-17.
- 7. Researcher is MSU lead in DARPA collaborative project to develop novel computational tools
Michigan State University assistant professor Jose Perea is the principal investigator on a collaborative research project funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency to develop novel computational tools.
- 8. MSU chemist receives $500,000 DOE grant for renewable energy work
Milton Smith, MSU College of Natural Science chemistry professor, has been awarded a three-year, $500,000 grant for research on renewable energy by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- 9. $5.3 million NSF grant will help discover new plant chemicals, find genes
A team of MSU researchers led by College of Natural Science Professor Robert Last has been awarded a $5.3 million NSF grant to explore new approaches to discovering plant chemicals, and find the genes that plants use to make valuable molecules.
- 10. MSU to use $4.4 million NSF grant to explore the corn genome
The National Science Foundation has awarded $4.4 million to a Michigan State university research team to identify genes in the corn genome, work that could help breed new, more nutritious corn varieties in the future.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 25