There are 19 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Philanthropy".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 19
- 1. First graduate fellowship in CMSE department established by MSU alumnus
Michigan State has announced a $500,000 graduate fellowship endowment to the Department of Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering (CMSE) from MSU alumnus Raymond Ginther and his wife.
- 2. $1 million gift creates professorship in honor of former physicist
MSU has announced a $1 million gift to the Department of Physics and Astronomy in the College of Natural Science from the family of former MSU professor Wu-Ki Tung to establish the Dr. Wu-Ki Tung Endowed Professorship in Particle Physics.
- 3. Amy Ralston named James K. Billman, Jr., M.D. Endowed Professor
Associate Professor Amy Ralston was installed as the inaugural James K. Billman Jr., M.D. Endowed Professor in the MSU College of Natural Science's Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- 4. MSU Ph.D. student to receive University Distinguished Fellowship
David Bowers, an incoming Ph.D. student in Michigan State University’s Program in Mathematics Education (PRIME), has been named the Blake and Mary Krueger University Distinguished Fellow for 2016-17.
- 5. Keeping connected
Whether in Connecticut or California, the Crawfords like to stay connected—with their family, their community and their alma maters.
- 6. Investing in the future
While endowed chairs distinguish top faculty, the impact of these positions goes far beyond a title.
- 7. New online course in biomedical research lab techniques for MSU undergrads a success
Using a generous donation from Michigan State alum Betty Schoepke and her husband, John, the MSU College of Natural Science’s Biomedical Laboratory Diagnostics Program launched a new course for undergraduate researchers.
- 8. NatSci faculty members named MSU Foundation Professors
Two College of Natural Science faculty members, Marcos Dantus and Gregg Howe, were named MSU Foundation Professoers on Jan. 25 in recognition of their exceptional contributions to research and instruction.
- 9. DiRita named Rudolph Hugh Endowed Chair in microbial pathogenesis
Victor J. DiRita was installed as the Rudolph Hugh Endowed Chair in microbial pathogenesis on Jan. 25 at an investiture ceremony held at Michigan State University’s Wharton Center for the Performing Arts.
- 10. Endowed chairs lead to big ideas
MSU College of Natural Science plant biologist Dean DellaPenna is leveraging the private funds provided through his endowed professorship to investigate how to make drug treatments more effective and increasing vitamins in food.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 19