There are 12 item(s) tagged with the keyword "STEM education".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 12
- 1. Andrew Christlieb named Academic Leadership Program Fellow
Andrew Christlieb, chair of the MSU Department of Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering and an MSU Foundation Professor, is among five MSU faculty members and academic administrators recently named 2017-18 Fellows in the Academic Leadership Program of the Big Ten Academic Alliance.
- 2. Melanie Cooper awarded honorary doctorate of science
Melanie M.Cooper, an MSU Lappan-Phillips Professor of Science Education, was awarded an honorary doctorate of science by the University of South Florida.
- 3. First graduate fellowship in CMSE department established by MSU alumnus
Michigan State has announced a $500,000 graduate fellowship endowment to the Department of Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering (CMSE) from MSU alumnus Raymond Ginther and his wife.
- 4. STEM Educational Alliance fall meeting marks four years of improving STEM education at MSU
The MSU STEM Educational Alliance recently held its fall meeting and reception earlier this month, an occasion which marks the beginning of the fourth year of this organization devoted to improving STEM education at MSU.
- 5. MSU Ph.D. student to receive University Distinguished Fellowship
David Bowers, an incoming Ph.D. student in Michigan State University’s Program in Mathematics Education (PRIME), has been named the Blake and Mary Krueger University Distinguished Fellow for 2016-17.
- 6. Bosch, Bosch Community Fund award grants to MSU's CoRe Experience, STEM Success programs
Bosch and the Bosch Community Fund have continued their support of Michigan State University with $200,000 in grants for the university’s Engineering CoRe Experience and a $70,000 grant to support the university’s STEM Success program.
- 7. MSU hosts international math education conference
More than 500 scholars and educators will be at Michigan State University Nov. 5-8 for the 37th annual conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, North American chapter (PME-NA).
- 8. MSU scholars challenge colleges to reform STEM learning
America’s colleges and universities need to transform not only how but what they teach in introductory science courses, a group of scholars from Michigan State University argues in Science magazine.
- 9. MSU chemistry courses improve learning, save students money
A Michigan State introductory chemistry course, "Chemistry, Life, the Universe and Everything," is helping students better understand important chemistry concepts and save money on text books and study guides.
- 10. MSU STEM educator invested as Lappan-Phillips Professor of Science Education
Michigan State University science education professor Joseph Krajcik was formally invested as a Lappan-Phillips Professor of Science Education on Sept. 30.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 12