There are 74 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Students".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 74
- 1. MSU undergrad Keelyn O'Brien receives American Society for Microbiology fellowship
Keelyn O’Brien, an MSU microbiology student and Alumni Distinguished Scholar, is one of 19 students selected nationwide for a 2017 American Society for Microbiology Undergraduate Research Fellowship.
- 2. Five NatSci students receive full-ride scholarships to MSU
Five incoming College of Natural Science (NatSci) students are among 20 graduating high school seniors who received full-ride scholarships to MSU this fall.
- 3. NSF grant supports project to improve undergraduate physiology curriculum
MSU researcher Kevin Haudek is the lead investigator of a three-year, $485,000 National Science Foundation grant that develops learning progressions and evaluates principle-based reasoning in undergraduate physiology students.
- 4. $1.2 million NSF grant helps integrate computational science into high school physics
Four MSU scientists, led by physics education researcher Danny Caballero, are using a three-year, $1.2 million National Science Foundation grant to integrate computation in science classes across Michigan—specifically, in physics.
- 5. MSU genetics students awarded USDA fellowships
Ryan Corbett, Amanda Koenig and Katerina Lay each received National Needs Graduate Fellowships this summer through a grant from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
- 6. 2017 Anton Lang Memorial Award winners announced
Clement Aussignargues and Joshua MacCready were awarded 2017 Anton Lang Memorial Awards during a ceremony held on May 8 at MSU’s Molecular Plant Sciences Building.
- 7. Kay Holekamp receives inaugural MSU Graduate School Outstanding Mentor Award
Kay Holekamp, University Distinguished Professor in MSU’s Department of Integrative Biology, has been selected as the inaugural recipient of the MSU Graduate School Outstanding Faculty Mentor Award.
- 8. Future elementary teachers prepare to be agents of change with water video competition
The winners of a water video competition that included 25 entries submitted by teams of future elementary teachers as part of an integrated science education course (ISE 301) at MSU have been announced.
- 9. Eighth annual Classes Without Quizzes puts science in perspective
Nearly 120 people attended the 8th annual Classes Without Quizzes, hosted by the MSU College of Natural Science, to get an insider’s look at some of the latest research activities being undertaken here on campus.
- 10. NatSci's Anna Groves receives prestigious ESA Graduate Student Policy Award
Anna Groves, a Ph.D. student in the Department of Plant Biology and the Ecology, Evolutionary Biology and Behavior program in the MSU College of Natural Science, is one of only six graduate students nationally to receive a 2017 Graduate Student Policy Award from the Ecological Society of America.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 74