There are 141 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Award".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 141
- 1. Five NatSci students receive full-ride scholarships to MSU
Five incoming College of Natural Science (NatSci) students are among 20 graduating high school seniors who received full-ride scholarships to MSU this fall.
- 2. Catherine Lindell selected as American Ornithological Society Fellow
Catherine Lindell, associate professor of integrative biology in the MSU College of Natural Science, was selected as a 2017 American Ornithological Society Fellow.
- 3. Julia Ganz selected as American Neurosastroenterology and Motility Society Young Investigator
Julia Ganz, assistant professor in Michigan State University’s Department of Integrative Biology, was selected for the American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society’s Young Investigator Award for the 2017/18 academic year.
- 4. MSU scientist earns U.S. Department of Energy Early Career Research Award
MSU nuclear physics scientist Heiko Hergert has received a 2017 Early Career Research Program award from U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science.
- 5. Susannah Dorfman named Consortium for Materials Properties Research in Earth Sciences Distinguished Lecturer
Susannah Dorfman, MSU geoscientist, has been named a Consortium for Materials Properties Research in Earth Sciences (COMPRES) Distinguished Lecturer for the 2017/18 academic year.
- 6. MSU genetics students awarded USDA fellowships
Ryan Corbett, Amanda Koenig and Katerina Lay each received National Needs Graduate Fellowships this summer through a grant from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
- 7. NatSci's George Pappas invited to speak at International Congress of Mathematicians
For the first time in 20 years, an MSU mathematician will lecture at the most prestigious mathematics conference in the world. George Pappas, professor in the MSU Department of Mathematics, was invited to speak at the 2018 International Congress of Mathematicians in Rio de Janeiro.
- 8. William Hartmann awarded prestigious Acoustical Society of America Gold Medal
William (Bill) Hartmann, a Michigan State University professor of physics, was awarded the 2017 Acoustical Society of America (ASA) Gold Medal for his contributions to research and education in psychological acoustics and service to the society.
- 9. Andrew Christlieb named Academic Leadership Program Fellow
Andrew Christlieb, chair of the MSU Department of Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering and an MSU Foundation Professor, is among five MSU faculty members and academic administrators recently named 2017-18 Fellows in the Academic Leadership Program of the Big Ten Academic Alliance.
- 10. MSU's Janette Boughman named Fulbright Scholar
MSU integrative biologist Janette Boughman has been named a 2017-18 Fulbright Scholar in recognition of her research in Iceland on the adaptation of stickleback fish to the rapid human-induced environmental changes in the arctic.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 141