There are 16 item(s) tagged with the keyword "DOE".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 16
- 1. $10M DOE grant to help boost camelina oilseed yield
MSU scientists will lead a $10 million U.S. Department of Energy grant to explore ways to boost the biofuel crop yield for the oilseed plant, camelina.
- 2. MSU scientist earns U.S. Department of Energy Early Career Research Award
MSU nuclear physics scientist Heiko Hergert has received a 2017 Early Career Research Program award from U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science.
- 3. MSU part of international physics experiment
A simultaneous groundbreaking ceremony for the Long-Baseline Neutrino Facility took place at Sanford Lab in South Dakota and at Fermilab in Illinois on July 21. The groundbreaking represents the beginning of a new era of physics in the United States – and scientists from MSU will be a part of it.
- 4. Recreating interstellar ions with lasers
Using lasers, MSU scientist Marcos Dantus and his team have unlocked the secret of H3+—the molecule of the universe—by successfully duplicating the mechanisms that form it from organic molecules.
- 5. Cellulosic biofuels can benefit the environment if managed correctly
Could cellulosic biofuels become a green fuel of the future? Researchers at the U.S. Department of Energy-funded Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center, including MSU's Phil Robertson, say yes, but with a few important caveats.
- 6. Finding new solar power
MSU chemist Thomas Hamann will use a $465,000 grant from the U.S. DOE to create a new paradigm for capturing solar energy.
- 7. Bacterial organizational complexities revealed
For the first time, scientists have visualized the fine details of bacterial microcompartment shells, opening the door to identifying vulnerable targets to combat pathogenic bacteria and bioengineering new kinds of designer nanoreactors in beneficial bacteria to enhance their performance.
- 8. MSU chemist receives $500,000 DOE grant for renewable energy work
Milton Smith, MSU College of Natural Science chemistry professor, has been awarded a three-year, $500,000 grant for research on renewable energy by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- 9. Enhancing the value of biofuel crops with plant-based oils
Christoph Benning, MSU-DOE Plant Research Laboratory director and a researcher at the Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center, is working to increase the energy density of cellulosic biofuel crops by boosting the production of plant-based oils.
- 10. Two MSU NatSci researchers earn Department of Energy honor
Two MSU College of Natural Science (NatSci) researchers have been selected by the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science to receive research funding as part of the DOE’s Early Career Research Program.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 16