There are 38 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Event".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 38
- 1. Workshop brings big ideas in data-infused computing to MSU
Scientists and visionaries from around the world will come together for the MSU Department of Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering’s third annual workshop on Sept. 17-20 at MSU’s Union Building.
- 2. Shannon Schmoll: The Great American Eclipse
Next week, most of North America will have the opportunity to see an incredible solar eclipse that will perfectly align the Earth, moon and sun.Be prepared to watch safely.
- 3. Gala celebrates 90 years of Biomedical Laboratory Diagnostics Program success
More than 80 people from across the country attended MSU’s Biomedical Laboratory Diagnostics 90th Anniversary Gala, recently held at MSU’s Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center.
- 4. Eighth annual Classes Without Quizzes puts science in perspective
Nearly 120 people attended the 8th annual Classes Without Quizzes, hosted by the MSU College of Natural Science, to get an insider’s look at some of the latest research activities being undertaken here on campus.
- 5. Alumni trip showcases Iceland's geological highlights
Iceland is called the “Land of Fire and Ice,” and for alumni of the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences—that nickname came alive in the form of volcanoes, geysers, lava fields and massive glaciers during their trip there last fall.
- 6. Simon Lecture strengthens MSU's Actuarial Science Program
The fifth Ronald H. and Mary E. Simon Actuarial Science Lecture drew a crowd of more than 60 alumni and students to listen to keynote speaker Eric Scorsone, Senior Deputy State Treasurer for the State of Michigan, speak about Michigan public pension plans.
- 7. It's easy to find PhUn in physiology!
More than 900 visitors attended the fifth annual Physiology Understanding (PhUn) Day at the Impression 5 Science Center in Lansing, Mich., earlier this month, sponsored by the MSU Department of Physiology.
- 8. MSU data breach exposed records
MSU has confirmed that on Nov. 13 an unauthorized party gained access to a university server containing certain sensitive data. MSU’s Information Technology team rapidly determined the cause and nature of the breach, and the MSU Police Department is working diligently with federal law enforcement partners to investigate the crime.
- 9. STEM Educational Alliance fall meeting marks four years of improving STEM education at MSU
The MSU STEM Educational Alliance recently held its fall meeting and reception earlier this month, an occasion which marks the beginning of the fourth year of this organization devoted to improving STEM education at MSU.
- 10. MSU mathematics educator invited to White House "Math Matters" meeting
Tsveta Sendova, MSU mathematics educator and co-director of the Center for Instructional Mentoring at MSU, is one of several mathematics educators nationally to be invited to the White House's Office of Science and Technology Policy "Math Matters" meeting on Sept. 8.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 38