There are 36 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Teaching".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 36
- 1. NSF grant supports project to improve undergraduate physiology curriculum
MSU researcher Kevin Haudek is the lead investigator of a three-year, $485,000 National Science Foundation grant that develops learning progressions and evaluates principle-based reasoning in undergraduate physiology students.
- 2. $1.2 million NSF grant helps integrate computational science into high school physics
Four MSU scientists, led by physics education researcher Danny Caballero, are using a three-year, $1.2 million National Science Foundation grant to integrate computation in science classes across Michigan—specifically, in physics.
- 3. Jenny Boughman elected to Society for the Study of Evolution executive board
MSU integrative biologist Jenny Boughman has been elected vice president of the Society for the Study of Evolution.
- 4. Melanie Cooper awarded honorary doctorate of science
Melanie M.Cooper, an MSU Lappan-Phillips Professor of Science Education, was awarded an honorary doctorate of science by the University of South Florida.
- 5. Kay Holekamp receives inaugural MSU Graduate School Outstanding Mentor Award
Kay Holekamp, University Distinguished Professor in MSU’s Department of Integrative Biology, has been selected as the inaugural recipient of the MSU Graduate School Outstanding Faculty Mentor Award.
- 6. Future elementary teachers prepare to be agents of change with water video competition
The winners of a water video competition that included 25 entries submitted by teams of future elementary teachers as part of an integrated science education course (ISE 301) at MSU have been announced.
- 7. Melanie Cooper named Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry
Melanie M. Cooper, a Michigan State University Lappan-Phillips Professor of Science Education, has been named a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- 8. Douglas Schemske elected to National Academy of Sciences
Douglas Schemske, a John A. Hannah Distinguished Professor emeritus of plant biology at Michigan State University, has been elected to the National Academy of Sciences. Schemske earned the honor for his distinguished and continuing achievements in original research in the fields of population biology and evolutionary ecology.
- 9. NatSci's Joey Huston invested as MSU Foundation Professor
Joey Huston, Michigan State University College of Natural Science physics and astronomy professor, was honored as an MSU Foundation Professor on April 20 at an investiture ceremony held at the Biomedical and Physical Sciences building on campus.
- 10. Two NatSci classes recognized with MSU-AT&T Awards in Instructional Technology
Two innovative MSU NatSci courses received honors in the Best Course in Blended/Hybrid or Flipped Course category during the 2017 MSU-AT&T Awards in Instructional Technology awards luncheon on April 19.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 36