Travel the United States and learn with university students and faculty.
These faculty-led Natural Science courses are like short-term Study Abroad, except they stay in the United States or U.S. territories. Elective field studies credits for science majors, and ISB or ISP (Integrative Studies) for non-science majors are available.
We support many options for both Natural Science and other colleges majors.
- Witness and apply earth systems and environmental science firsthand in faculty-led field studies in Michigan, Hawaii, Alaska, Florida and other states.
- Earn Integrative Studies requirements in general science.
- Work for a summer or a semester in an Integrative Biology internship. Examples: environmental or genetics testing lab; wildlife research or conservation center; state or federal agencies; zoological park or aquarium.
- Prepare for that zoo internship or career by rotating through all professional fields at an AZA accredited zoological park.
- Michigan – Environmental Science Up North
- Hawaii – Environmental Science in the Islands
- Alaska – Earth System Science
- Michigan - Careers @ the Zoo (Binder Park in Battle Creek)
- Florida – Science Behind the Scenes in Orlando
Program Costs & Aid
Program costs vary and depend on several factors such as: location, number of credits, duration and type of housing offered. See the specific details on individual programs in the by selecting from the list above.
Currently, scholarships are not available specifically for NatSci Study Away courses. However, full program costs (tuition, program fee and additional travel expenses) are eligible for financial aid determination. Contact the MSU Office of Financial Aid.
How to Apply
Applications are received and processed by individual faculty leaders. All programs require a personal interview with instructor, and often a short essay describing how the program relates to your learning and career goals. Apply online! For clarification or any help in the process, contact our Study Abroad & Off-Campus Credit Program Specialist.