Amplify STEM Video Initiative
Help us amplify the voices of STEM professionals from underrepresented backgrounds!
- Create a 2-5 minute video highlighting an underrepresented STEM professional. According to the National Science Foundation (NSF), women, people with disabilities, and individuals who are Black, Hispanic/Latino/a/e/x, and Indigenous are underrepresented in STEM.
- Video should be creative and engaging but appropriate for public viewing
- Video can be presentation style, poetic, song or any other style that will creatively and clearly convey a message that will touch on the points required for the submission
- Selected videos will be shared on the MSU Amplify STEM YouTube Channel and be promoted on host colleges’ social media pages and websites.
- Creators of selected videos will receive an MSU Amplify STEM t-shirt for their participation
- Submitter must be an employee or student of Michigan State University
- Selected STEM Professional can be past or present
- Videos should include the following:
- Introduce yourself: Name, pronouns if you would like to share them, college/department/program, role at MSU, major (for students)
- Introduce your underrepresented STEM Professional
- Provide a brief background of their life
- Provide information about their work
- Provide what the impact of their work has had or will have on society
- Provide what motivated you to select this person
- Submissions should be shared via MediaSpace and will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with selected presentations posted by the start of the next month.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Video submission form: Fill out the submission form link here.
Pictured: Front of the Amplify STEM shirt, back of the Amplify STEM shirt