College of Natural Science
- MSU distinguished professor appointed American Physical Society editor-in-chief
Michael Thoennessen, Michigan State University Distinguished Professor, has been appointed the new editor-in-chief of the American Physical Society.
- MSU's Robert Last elected president-elect of the American Society of Plant Biologists
Robert Last, an MSU Barnett Rosenberg Professor, has been elected as president-elect of the American Society of Plant Biologists.
- MSU's Rich Lenski elected associate member of the European Molecular Biology Organization
Richard Lenski, Michigan State University John Hannah Distinguished Professor and evolutionary biologist renowned for his E. coli Long-Term Experimental Evolution Project, has been elected an associate member of the European Molecular Biology Organization.
- Benjamin Levine receives Journal of Physical Chemistry Lectureship award
Benjamin G. Levine, assistant professor of chemistry in MSU's College of Natural Science, was selected as the 2017 Journal of Physical Chemistry (JPC) A/PHYS Lectureship Winner.
- Muon magnet's moment has arrived
A global team of more than 150 scientists and engineers, including a team from MSU, is hoping for new insights into the elementary particles that make up everything as they participate in the Muon g-2 experiment.