College of Natural Science
- NatSci Dean R. James Kirkpatrick recipient of prestigious Clay Minerals Society honor
R. James Kirkpatrick, Michigan State University professor of geological sciences and chemistry, and College of Natural Science (NatSci) dean, has received the 2015 Marilyn and Sturges W. Bailey Award–the highest honor of The Clay Minerals Society.
- Making a better semiconductor
Research led by Michigan State University could someday lead to the development of new and improved semiconductors.
- NatSci faculty members earn MSU university distinguished professor title
Five Michigan State University (MSU) College of Natural Science professors were among 10 faculty members named university distinguished professors in recognition of their achievements in the classroom, laboratory and community.
- Microbes could be key for better yields, stronger plants
How can agriculture evolve to meet the demands of an increasing global population without compromising the integrity of the environment? Microbes just might be the answer, according to Michigan State University scientists.
- Extinguishing the black hole firewall paradox
MSU professor Chris Adami’s latest research on black holes and what happens to quantum information will once again dramatically change the way physicists study and think about these cosmic mysteries called black holes.