College of Natural Science
- NatSci's Janae Currington recieves excellence in advising award
Janae Currington, assistant director of academic advising in the MSU College of Natural Science Office of Academic Student Affairs, has been selected for the National Academic Advising Association Great Lakes Region 5 Excellence in Advising – Primary Role Award.
- NatSci's Laura Chomiuk named a Cottrell Scholar
Laura Chomiuk, MSU assistant professor of physics in the College of Natural Science, has been named a Research Corporation for Science Advancement 2017 Cottrell Scholar.
- The way breast cancer genes act could predict your treatment
MSU breast cancer researcher, Eran Andrechek, has shown that effective treatment options can be predicted based on the way certain breast cancer genes act or express themselves.
- NatSci's Megan Donahue elected American Astronomical Society president
Megan Donahue, MSU professor of physics and astrophysics in the College of Natural Science, has been elected president of the American Astronomical Society.
- Examining exploding stars through the atomic nucleus
Christopher Wrede, MSU assistant professor of physics, gave a AAAS presentation on how rare isotopes are produced and studied at the National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory on campus, and how they shed light on the evolution of visible matter in the universe.