College of Natural Science
- 2017 Anton Lang Memorial Award winners announced
Clement Aussignargues and Joshua MacCready were awarded 2017 Anton Lang Memorial Awards during a ceremony held on May 8 at MSU’s Molecular Plant Sciences Building.
- Melanie Cooper awarded honorary doctorate of science
Melanie M.Cooper, an MSU Lappan-Phillips Professor of Science Education, was awarded an honorary doctorate of science by the University of South Florida.
- Steve Hamilton named inaugural Society for Freshwater Science Fellow
Stephen K. Hamilton, an MSU professor of ecosystem ecology and biogeochemistry, was named an inaugural fellow of the Society for Freshwater Science.
- Looking beyond the breeding grounds
New research at MSU makes a strong case that the reasons for the decline of the eastern North American population of monarch butterflies go far beyond what’s happening on their wintering grounds near Mexico City.
- More genes turned on when plants compete
MSU plant biologist Maren Friesen is taking the lessons of plant diversity and competition learned from a clover patch in California to see it they can potentially unlock secrets on plant interactions around the globe.