College of Natural Science
- MSU's Department of Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering to hold inaugural workshop
MSU's newly formed Department of Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering will host an inaugural workshop Sept. 16 -17, to kick off intellectual discourse on scientific computing and data science across the MSU community.
- MSU scientists set sights on glaucoma medication to treat TB
A new discovery by Michigan State University scientists suggests that a common medication used to treat glaucoma could also be used to treat tuberculosis, even the drug-resistant kind.
- Seeing triple: New 3-D model could solve supernova mystery
Giant stars die a violent death. After a life of several million years, they collapse into themselves and then explode in what is known as a supernova. How these stars explode remains a mystery. However, recent work led by Michigan State University may bring some answers to this astronomical question.
- Benning named director of MSU/DOE Plant Research Laboratory
Christoph Benning, Michigan State University professor of biochemistry and molecular biology, will become the director of the Michigan State University/U.S. Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory beginning Aug. 16.
- MSU'S BEACON Center nets $22.5 million grant to continue evolution research
Michigan State University has been awarded $22.5 million by the National Science Foundation to continue the research, education and outreach activities of the BEACON Center for the Study of Evolution in Action.