College of Natural Science
- Montgomery, Thomashow invested as MSU Foundation Professors
Michigan State University’s Beronda Montgomery and Michael Thomashow were honored as MSU Foundation Professors on March 23 at an investiture ceremony held at MSU’s Wharton Center.
- Altering ph bumps prions out of danger zone
New research led by MSU's Lisa Lapidus offers hope by showing how we might prevent prions—infectious agent proteins—from aggregating or growing into deadly diseases. The results show that an antihistamine, astemizole, proved effective in reducing prion aggregation.
- NatSci's Xuefei Huang invested as MSU Foundation Professor
Xuefei Huang, Michigan State University College of Natural Science (NatSci) chemistry professor, was honored as an MSU Foundation Professor on March 16 at an investiture ceremony held at the Wharton Center.
- NatSci undergraduate nominated for Udall Scholarship
Hannah MacDonald, a junior majoring in earth science in the College of Natural Science is one of two Michigan State University undergraduate students nominated this year for a Udall Scholarship.
- MSU's nuclear physics graduate program retains No. 1 national ranking in latest report
MSU’s nuclear physics graduate program, housed in College of Natural Science’s Department of Physics and Astronomy, is among seven MSU graduate programs that rank No. 1 nationally in the latest U.S. News & World Report ratings.