College of Natural Science
- NatSci students receive scholarships for 2015-16 academic year
The College of Natural Science (NatSci) is pleased to announce its scholarship recipients for the 2015-16 academic year.
- MSU chemistry professor honored as fellow of Kavli Foundation
Thomas W. Hamann, the James Dye Chair in Materials Chemistry at Michigan State University, has been named a 2015 Kavli Fellow.
- MSU's Department of Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering to hold inaugural workshop
MSU's newly formed Department of Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering will host an inaugural workshop Sept. 16 -17, to kick off intellectual discourse on scientific computing and data science across the MSU community.
- MSU scientists set sights on glaucoma medication to treat TB
A new discovery by Michigan State University scientists suggests that a common medication used to treat glaucoma could also be used to treat tuberculosis, even the drug-resistant kind.
- Seeing triple: New 3-D model could solve supernova mystery
Giant stars die a violent death. After a life of several million years, they collapse into themselves and then explode in what is known as a supernova. How these stars explode remains a mystery. However, recent work led by Michigan State University may bring some answers to this astronomical question.