College of Natural Science
- MSU assistant professor receives DARPA Young Faculty Award
Matthew J. Hirn, assistant professor in MSU’s Department of Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering, is the recipient of a prestigious 2016 Young Faculty Award from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.
- MSU NatSci student nominated for prestigious Marshall Scholarship
Clara Lepard, an MSU senior majoring in zoology in the College of Natural Science's Department of Integrative Biology, is one of three MSU students to be nominated for the prestigious Marshall Scholarship.
- NatSci physics and astronomy researchers named American Physical Society Fellows
Michigan State Uninversity College of Natural Science physics and astronomy professor Megan Donahue and associate professor Brian O’Shea have been elected as 2016 fellows of the American Physical Society.
- Diabetic fruit flies may unlock secrets in humans
Michigan State University researchers have mapped the signaling processes used by insulin in fruit flies, shedding light on how these processes may be altered by diabetes in humans.
- MSU chemist receives $500,000 DOE grant for renewable energy work
Milton Smith, MSU College of Natural Science chemistry professor, has been awarded a three-year, $500,000 grant for research on renewable energy by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).