College of Natural Science
- NatSci faculty members honored with 2016 MSU Awards
Four faculty members from the College of Natural Science (NatSci) – Milton Smith, Mark Voit, Lars Brudvig and Richard Lunt – will be honored at the 2016 MSU Awards Convocation Feb. 9.
- Why do scientists chase unicorns?
Maren Friesen, Michigan State University plant biologist, is on a quest for missing bacteria last seen in Germany in the 1990s.
- NatSci faculty members named MSU Foundation Professors
Two College of Natural Science faculty members, Marcos Dantus and Gregg Howe, were named MSU Foundation Professoers on Jan. 25 in recognition of their exceptional contributions to research and instruction.
- Using artificial intelligence and evolution to take gaming to the next level
Arend Hintze, MSU integrative biology and computer science and engineering assistant professor has developed an AI system for video games that adapts to the player’s behavior by Darwinian evolution.
- New species of bird discovered in India and China by international team of scientists
Michigan State University's Pam Rasmussen was part of an international team that has discovered a new species of bird in northeastern India and adjacent parts of China.