College of Natural Science
- MSU NatSci faculty members recognized as highly cited researchers by Reuters Thomson
Four College of Natural Science researchers – Gregg Howe, Mark Meerschaert, John Ohlrogge and Curtis Wilkerson – were were among six MSU faculty members to make the Reuters Thomson highly cited researchers list for 2016.
- MSU-led research project receives $1.84 million NSF Dimensions in Biodiversity grant
MSU integrative biologist Janette Boughman is the lead principal investigator of a five-year, $1.84 million National Science Foundation Dimensions of Biodiversity collaborative grant to pursue novel research studying the evolution of threespine stickleback throughout Iceland.
- Piecuch named Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry
Piotr Piecuch, University Distinguished Professor of chemistry and adjunct professor of physics and astronomy in MSU’s College of Natural Science, has been named a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Model explains barred owls' domination over northern spotted owls
Barred owls are moving into the Pacific Northwest and on northern spotted owl territories. A model developed at MSU shows how it’s happening and gives wildlife conservationists a valuable tool to help shape management policies.
- Simon Lecture strengthens MSU's Actuarial Science Program
The fifth Ronald H. and Mary E. Simon Actuarial Science Lecture drew a crowd of more than 60 alumni and students to listen to keynote speaker Eric Scorsone, Senior Deputy State Treasurer for the State of Michigan, speak about Michigan public pension plans.