College of Natural Science
- NSF grant supports project to improve undergraduate physiology curriculum
MSU researcher Kevin Haudek is the lead investigator of a three-year, $485,000 National Science Foundation grant that develops learning progressions and evaluates principle-based reasoning in undergraduate physiology students.
- $1.2 million NSF grant helps integrate computational science into high school physics
Four MSU scientists, led by physics education researcher Danny Caballero, are using a three-year, $1.2 million National Science Foundation grant to integrate computation in science classes across Michigan—specifically, in physics.
- Susannah Dorfman named Consortium for Materials Properties Research in Earth Sciences Distinguished Lecturer
Susannah Dorfman, MSU geoscientist, has been named a Consortium for Materials Properties Research in Earth Sciences (COMPRES) Distinguished Lecturer for the 2017/18 academic year.
- MSU genetics students awarded USDA fellowships
Ryan Corbett, Amanda Koenig and Katerina Lay each received National Needs Graduate Fellowships this summer through a grant from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
- NatSci's George Pappas invited to speak at International Congress of Mathematicians
For the first time in 20 years, an MSU mathematician will lecture at the most prestigious mathematics conference in the world. George Pappas, professor in the MSU Department of Mathematics, was invited to speak at the 2018 International Congress of Mathematicians in Rio de Janeiro.