- Boot camp gives students real-life lessons in health and science careers
Michigan State University’s second annual Science and Health Career Boot Camp was a resounding success, with more than 180 undergraduate students attending the day-long event on Feb. 21.
- NatSci senior honored for organic chemistry research
Claire Baniel, a chemistry senior in the MSU College of Natural Science, has been selected to receive an American Chemical Society Division of Organic Chemistry Undergraduate Award in Organic Chemistry.
- MSU chemistry professor named distinguished fellow
MSU University Distinguished Professor of chemistry and adjunct professor of physics and astronomy Piotr Piecuch has been elected a Distinguished Fellow of the Kosciuszko Foundation Collegium of Eminent Scientists.
- High Five: MSU honored for physics education
The Physics Teacher Education Coalition has honored MSU by including the university as an initial inductee into its “5+ Club,” an elite group of institutions that has graduated five or more physics teachers in a given year.
- NatSci junior helps MSU debate team net 1st place win
The MSU debate team won the Texas Open tournament this week. Margaret Strong, a College of Natural Science mathematics junior, and her partner, Tyler Thur, an Honors College member and international relations junior, were the winning MSU team.