College of Natural Science
- MSU's Robert Last elected president-elect of the American Society of Plant Biologists
Robert Last, an MSU Barnett Rosenberg Professor, has been elected as president-elect of the American Society of Plant Biologists.
- MSU's Rich Lenski elected associate member of the European Molecular Biology Organization
Richard Lenski, Michigan State University John Hannah Distinguished Professor and evolutionary biologist renowned for his E. coli Long-Term Experimental Evolution Project, has been elected an associate member of the European Molecular Biology Organization.
- Benjamin Levine receives Journal of Physical Chemistry Lectureship award
Benjamin G. Levine, assistant professor of chemistry in MSU's College of Natural Science, was selected as the 2017 Journal of Physical Chemistry (JPC) A/PHYS Lectureship Winner.
- Muon magnet's moment has arrived
A global team of more than 150 scientists and engineers, including a team from MSU, is hoping for new insights into the elementary particles that make up everything as they participate in the Muon g-2 experiment.
- $2 million NSF grant awarded to predict future viability of phytoplankton
MSU aquatic ecologist Elena Litchman is the lead investigator of a four-year, $2 million National Science Foundation Dimensions of Biodiversity grant to study how genetic and functional diversity in phytoplankton helps them adapt to rising ocean temperatures.