College of Natural Science
- MSU STEM educator invested as Lappan-Phillips Professor of Science Education
Michigan State University science education professor Joseph Krajcik was formally invested as a Lappan-Phillips Professor of Science Education on Sept. 30.
- MSU, Finland partners receive $3.6M grant to study science learning
MSU researchers will partner with scholars in Finland to use a $3.6 million National Science Foundation grant to test the best ways to improve learning experiences in high school.
- Building a biofuel-boosting Swiss Army knife
MSU researchers have built a molecular Swiss Army knife that streamlines the molecular machinery of blue-green algae, making biofuels and other green chemical production from these organisms more viable.
- Improving collaboration between Native Americans and climate scientists
Hoping to improve Native American tribes’ access to climate science tools, a Michigan State University researcher and his colleagues will use a four-year, $450,000 National Science Foundation grant to foster better relations between tribes and scientific organizations when dealing with climate change.
- MSU geological sciences professor named 2015 Soil Science Society of America Fellow
Michigan State University Geological Sciences Professor Bruno Basso was recently elected a 2015 Fellow of the Soil Science Society of America.